I hate this day
As if this day didn't suck enough, now I have yet one more reason to hate it.
I was feeling kindof blue, so I stopped off at the Humane Society on my way to school. It kindof cheers me up to go in and give the pups a little scratch behind the ear. Anyway, I stopped in for about 15 minutes and when I went back out to my car, I found my window smashed and my book bag stolen - including my wallet, my prescription medication, my books, but most of all, my faith in humankind. I guess I should look at all of the people who offered sympathy and help, including a cop who actually swept the glass out from under my car. But I can't. It really doesn't help that it's in a mostly poor black neighborhood. All of those ugly prejudices immediately raced to the front of my brain. I want to scream out every racial slur that I can think of and buy a big giant gun. I want to ask why nobody cares, why people from the hood don't teach their kids that stealing and vandalism is WRONG, always wrong and not just wrong when you get caught! I know it's irrational. I know I shouldn't blame a whole race. I know I should have more tolerance. It's just really hard sometimes.
Want some irony? First, I was on my way to a class on intercultural communications. Hope they enjoy that book. I suppose they got a good laugh out of that. And second, my medication was a new prescription for anxiety attacks.
There's my day. The fact that I also went on a job interview and that I lost weight is sort of moot.
Stats: 165/150.12/135
I was feeling kindof blue, so I stopped off at the Humane Society on my way to school. It kindof cheers me up to go in and give the pups a little scratch behind the ear. Anyway, I stopped in for about 15 minutes and when I went back out to my car, I found my window smashed and my book bag stolen - including my wallet, my prescription medication, my books, but most of all, my faith in humankind. I guess I should look at all of the people who offered sympathy and help, including a cop who actually swept the glass out from under my car. But I can't. It really doesn't help that it's in a mostly poor black neighborhood. All of those ugly prejudices immediately raced to the front of my brain. I want to scream out every racial slur that I can think of and buy a big giant gun. I want to ask why nobody cares, why people from the hood don't teach their kids that stealing and vandalism is WRONG, always wrong and not just wrong when you get caught! I know it's irrational. I know I shouldn't blame a whole race. I know I should have more tolerance. It's just really hard sometimes.
Want some irony? First, I was on my way to a class on intercultural communications. Hope they enjoy that book. I suppose they got a good laugh out of that. And second, my medication was a new prescription for anxiety attacks.
There's my day. The fact that I also went on a job interview and that I lost weight is sort of moot.
Stats: 165/150.12/135

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home