Real First Blog
I've been on the Slim4Life (S4L) diet since August 7th. I started on the Monday after I went to see Chris Isaak at the Orpheum. I figured I needed a big fat eatin', drinkin', partyin' night out on the town before I committed myself to serious fat reduction. Anyway, about the diet...
There's virtually nothing out there online about this diet. It is similar, so I'm told, to LA Weightloss. In fact, I believe they use many of the same products. It's basically a low fat/calorie/carb diet that is supplemented by a zillion vitamins and supplements.
Phase 1
EAT! For 3 days you have to eat the following:
2 eggs for b-fast
1 orange - 1/2 in am, 1/2 in pm
UNLIMITED proteins
unlimited RAW veggies (restricted to basically anything green except peas)
80 oz of water
1/4 - 1/2 tsp Morton's Lite Salt (for the potassium I guess)
Okay - so the object is to eat this every day. Sounds easy huh? Well it's not! It's like you get up and think, "yay eggs for breakfast" but you don't get sausage, toast, bacon, cheese. You can't even make an omelete - no cooked veggies or cheese! Okay - that's fine, I'll just pig out on protein. Yeah, have you ever tried that. After a while you gag at the thought of it. Raw veggies - well let's just say you squeak. And the water makes you feel like a pee pee factory.
The good news, however, is that you drop 5 pounds like nuthin!
Phase 2
After the 3rd day you start the real diet. They say it's tailored especially for you, but it's simply four plans and which one you're on depends on how much you need to lose. I'm on the lowest weight plan. Here's what I get:
2 proteins
2 veggies
2 fruits
2 starches
1 fat
2 supplements
80 oz water
I don't know how that sounds to you, but to me it's not much and I'm craving food every frickin' night. There is a food list that you have to go off of and you can't deviate. Like you can only eat beef 3 times a week and it can't be two days in a row... stuff like that. The supplements are bars, puddings, shakes, soups, soy pretzels, and are actually very tasty. Oh, like I said before, you take a ton of vitamins and you have to take the Morton's (drink it like a shot) every day. There are so many vitamins that I went and bought an old lady plastic pill container with the separators to keep track.
The vitamins are optional and they really don't pressure you into buying them. You do have to buy the supplements though. They're expensive. Also, you have to check in with them at least 2 times a week to get weighed and make sure you're, ahem, having daily movements.
Bottom line - I started at 165 and I want to get to 130. At an average of 3-5 lbs a week, they figure I'll be on the plan for 12 weeks. The cost, when I'm at goal weight, will probably be about $1000. Worth it? I'll let you know.
Stats: 165/157.6/130 (Start/Current/Goal)
There's virtually nothing out there online about this diet. It is similar, so I'm told, to LA Weightloss. In fact, I believe they use many of the same products. It's basically a low fat/calorie/carb diet that is supplemented by a zillion vitamins and supplements.
Phase 1
EAT! For 3 days you have to eat the following:
2 eggs for b-fast
1 orange - 1/2 in am, 1/2 in pm
UNLIMITED proteins
unlimited RAW veggies (restricted to basically anything green except peas)
80 oz of water
1/4 - 1/2 tsp Morton's Lite Salt (for the potassium I guess)
Okay - so the object is to eat this every day. Sounds easy huh? Well it's not! It's like you get up and think, "yay eggs for breakfast" but you don't get sausage, toast, bacon, cheese. You can't even make an omelete - no cooked veggies or cheese! Okay - that's fine, I'll just pig out on protein. Yeah, have you ever tried that. After a while you gag at the thought of it. Raw veggies - well let's just say you squeak. And the water makes you feel like a pee pee factory.
The good news, however, is that you drop 5 pounds like nuthin!
Phase 2
After the 3rd day you start the real diet. They say it's tailored especially for you, but it's simply four plans and which one you're on depends on how much you need to lose. I'm on the lowest weight plan. Here's what I get:
2 proteins
2 veggies
2 fruits
2 starches
1 fat
2 supplements
80 oz water
I don't know how that sounds to you, but to me it's not much and I'm craving food every frickin' night. There is a food list that you have to go off of and you can't deviate. Like you can only eat beef 3 times a week and it can't be two days in a row... stuff like that. The supplements are bars, puddings, shakes, soups, soy pretzels, and are actually very tasty. Oh, like I said before, you take a ton of vitamins and you have to take the Morton's (drink it like a shot) every day. There are so many vitamins that I went and bought an old lady plastic pill container with the separators to keep track.
The vitamins are optional and they really don't pressure you into buying them. You do have to buy the supplements though. They're expensive. Also, you have to check in with them at least 2 times a week to get weighed and make sure you're, ahem, having daily movements.
Bottom line - I started at 165 and I want to get to 130. At an average of 3-5 lbs a week, they figure I'll be on the plan for 12 weeks. The cost, when I'm at goal weight, will probably be about $1000. Worth it? I'll let you know.
Stats: 165/157.6/130 (Start/Current/Goal)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home