It's Not Fair
I took my two daughters and a guy friend of theirs to the state fair. The first thing they did upon entering the gates was make a bee-line for the french fries stand. They got an ice-cream bucket full of greasy potatoes and I wanted to shove my whole face into it... but I didn't. I had one bite of a fry. Honestly, that's all.
It's really not hard to find good for you food at the fair. I had a veggie pita (the carrots aren't in my diet, nor is the pita really) and a fruit bowl with watermelon, canteloupe, and grapes. The best, though was a turkey sandwich (I tossed the bun). The hard part is the temptation. Dippin dots, deep fried battered australian potatoes, Sweet Martha's chocolate chip cookies, foot long hot dogs AND corn dogs, brats, a shake from the dairy barn, and, of course, the dreaded cheese curds. Why do I like all of this crap? I know how bad it is for me.
I exercised this morning, sweating my butt off for 20 minutes on the treadmill, and walked for five hours at the fair. I'm up a pound. It must've been the pita and carrots. It's not f***ing fair. I should've eaten a bunch of grease and made myself sick. Why do I keep gaining when all I do is deny myself food and exercise obsessively? I hate this diet - no I just hate being fat - no I just hate being short. Those people who are a half foot taller than me and whine about not being able to get down to a slim 150 make me want to puke.
Okay - I'm getting pissed because the middle child's boyfriend is playing PS 2 downstairs and has to have it at ear blasting sound level. I'm so crabby I might just kick his ass out. At least the husband is gone for the weekend so I don't have to put up with his crap.
Stats: 165, 500 (feeling like it anyway), 130
It's really not hard to find good for you food at the fair. I had a veggie pita (the carrots aren't in my diet, nor is the pita really) and a fruit bowl with watermelon, canteloupe, and grapes. The best, though was a turkey sandwich (I tossed the bun). The hard part is the temptation. Dippin dots, deep fried battered australian potatoes, Sweet Martha's chocolate chip cookies, foot long hot dogs AND corn dogs, brats, a shake from the dairy barn, and, of course, the dreaded cheese curds. Why do I like all of this crap? I know how bad it is for me.
I exercised this morning, sweating my butt off for 20 minutes on the treadmill, and walked for five hours at the fair. I'm up a pound. It must've been the pita and carrots. It's not f***ing fair. I should've eaten a bunch of grease and made myself sick. Why do I keep gaining when all I do is deny myself food and exercise obsessively? I hate this diet - no I just hate being fat - no I just hate being short. Those people who are a half foot taller than me and whine about not being able to get down to a slim 150 make me want to puke.
Okay - I'm getting pissed because the middle child's boyfriend is playing PS 2 downstairs and has to have it at ear blasting sound level. I'm so crabby I might just kick his ass out. At least the husband is gone for the weekend so I don't have to put up with his crap.
Stats: 165, 500 (feeling like it anyway), 130

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home