BMI (b.s.?)
We were talking about our BMIs at work today. According to my height - 5'2 - I should be between 103 - 136 lbs. to be "normal." That's a huge range. We started talking about differences in women and how at 5'2 one woman can look good at 110 (cuz I don't know anyone who looks good under that) and another woman can look like a skeleton at that weight. What's to account for that? Body parts! I mean geez, how much does an implant weigh and how does that compare to real ones? According to this site http://www.justbreastimplants.com/size.htm - a couple bigguns would be about a 1 1/4 lbs. So I guess the big message is don't rely on the quickie calculators - http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bminojs.htm - completely. They're only a ballpark guide. I'm currently at 136 lbs (according to my home scale) which is a BMI of 24.9. point one away from the "overweight" category.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home